EXCURSION DAY: Wednesday
- The first stop is in the village of Fataga which is known as the “valley of a thousand palms”.
- We will then be visiting the wine distillery known as la Bodega Las Tirajanas where you will have the opportunity of tasting 3 of their most popular wines, along with olives from the region and typical biscuits.
- Our next stop is the village of Santa Lucía to the Parque de Las Flores. We also give you the opportunity to experience the fabulous views from El Mirador del Guriete.
- Our journey continues on to the very popular and historical old valley of Barranco de Guayadeque. This was home to the original cave dwelling inhabitants of the island, who were known as the “Guanches”. Still to this day, Guayadeque has many families residing in the cave homes. There is also a church and a number of restauants set in the natural cave formations of the valley.
- Finnally we visit the town of Agüimes where the hearbeat is the old town and its plaza, which plays host to their local church. Leading off from here, the little streets have maintained their traditional feel and are lined with typical houses some of which are hundreds of years old and steeped in history.
- From here we return towards the south, where our expected time of arrival is approximately 14.00 h.