EXCURSION DAY: Thursday
- This excursion is fantastic and by far the most popular voyage of discovery on this beautiful island.
- Our first stop is in the village of Fataga before beginning our ascent where we will be passing through the villages of San Bartolomé and Ayacata.
- As we approach Cruz de Tejeda which is the crowning glory of this beautiful island, we will pass by a very famous symbol of Gran Canaria. This is the natural rock formation of Roque Nublo which translates to The Noble Rock.
- You will then experience the vast pine forest of Gáldar before we begin our descent into the more northern part of the island and head for the village of Teror. Here we will visit its fabulous Basilica de la Virgen del Pino which is home to the islands patron saint – “Virgin of the Pine“.
- We then continue down towards Arucas where we will make a lunch stop in the cave restaurant of Grutas de Artiles (meal not included).
- After lunch there are more wonderful photo opportunities, when we visit the breathtaking volcanic crater of Bandama.
- Finally, we will be visiting the huge Aloe Vera Finca where we enjoy a short tour amidst their vast collection of over 30.000 Aloe Vera plants.
- This truly is an incredible introduction to the real Gran Canaria and its famous highlights… so be sure to take your camera!
- We return to your hotel at approximately 17.30 h.